When it comes to protecting the Tahoe Basin we all have a stake in the lake. There are many ways individuals can take action to help ensure that Lake Tahoe remains healthy and beautiful for generations to come. Here are a few suggestions:
- Take individual action to become a good steward of the Lake by adopting the Top 10 Ways to Save Lake Tahoe.
- Work to improve the Tahoe Basin’s transportation system to help make Lake Tahoe communities safer and better connected.
- Highlight an organization or project that has created environmental improvements in the Lake Tahoe Basin by nominating them for a Best in Basin Award.
- Nominate an individual who has gone above and beyond the call of duty for a Lake Spirit Award honoring real people making real progress protecting Lake Tahoe.
- Improve air quality and reduce the pollution that ends up in Lake Tahoe by participating in the Tahoe Bike Challenge.
- Attend public meetings of TRPA’s Governing Board, Governing Board Committees, and Advisory Planning Commission and let your voice be heard!
- Be vigilant in protecting Lake Tahoe and Report Environmental Concerns.
- Contact us and send your questions, comments, or concerns to email@example.com.