TRPA is working to improve customer service and protect Lake Tahoe by closely tracking the issues affecting communities. Please use the complaint form link below to let us know when environmental quality is threatened.
Emergency & After Hours Contact:
Steve Sweet, Code Compliance Manger
Office: (775) 589-5250
Mobile: (775) 220-4607
Send an email: email@example.com
To report a HazMat spill
In Nevada, call the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection
Or Nevada Division of Emergency Management
In California, call the California Office of Emergency Services:
If I see an activity that concerns me, who do I contact?
- If the complaint relates to construction noise, construction hours are NOT limited to 8 am – 6:30 pm. These are the hours they are EXEMPT (if applicable) from the noise ordinance. It is very difficult for construction noise to fail the noise test as it is taken over a 24–hour period with noise during exempt hours (if applicable) taken out. It is best to ask them if they will limit things like hammering, jackhammers, etc. to after 8 a.m.
- If the complaint is in TRPA area (if can be seen from lake or SR28, SR89, SR207, US HWY50, SR 267, Pioneer Trail or mapped scenic recreation areas [ex. Sand Harbor] or is in Douglas Co.), call TRPA at (775) 588–4547 and ask for the inspector in the area of the complaint.
- If the complaint is in another area of CSLT not covered by the above, the CSLT Bldg. Dept. at (530) 542–6017
- If the complaint is in another area of El Dorado Co. not covered by the above, call the El Dorado Co. Bldg. Dept. at (530) 573–3330
- If the complaint in other area of Washoe Co. not covered by the above, call the Washoe Co. Bldg. Dept. at (775) 832–4140
- If in other area of Placer Co. not covered by the above, call the Placer Co. Bldg. Dept. at ((530) 581–6205
For the following activities: trash, abandoned vehicles, and nuisance issues, contact your local enforcement office. For neighborhood animal problems (bears, coyotes, dogs, etc.) contact animal control. Complaints can be made anonymously.